art forum

Go Back   Art Gallery Worldwide > Art Plaza > Abstract Art Café
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Default trying to define "Abstract Art"

The term "abstract art" is like the term "modern music" in the sense that it is a very broad umbrella sheltering a wide variety of art. But like "abstract math," the general sense of the term is that it is the opposite of the concrete, or "realism."

(taken from .......http://www.artbylt.com/........
very nice and educative site by the way)
Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Smile christopherguerra.com

I my son's website .......www.christopherguerra.com........ and abstract art go hand in hand. It was only in the last month he let me know he had a site. Go figure. I guess he wanted to hide it from me, he did a great job. He has talent, He recently was accepted to the San Francisco Institute of Art. Abstract is finding the essence of the subject. Folks, if you like his work, e-mail him at .........countguerra@yahoo.com...........
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM

Wink Abstract Art

Abstract Art is what it says. The Painter (Not Artist) cannot draw or paint any realistic subject, therefore they smear away anything. the galleries or powers that be promote this stuff for profit. The abstract person and I mean person not painter stands back and gazes at the mess saying all kinds of feelings the painters has expressed. Phoney, Phoney in crowd!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:24 AM

Smile Best quality oil painting from Xiamen, China

If you want to find best quality, low price China oil painting, Abstract painting, portrait painting, reproduction of oil painting, please visit ..........................youroilpainting.............Xiamen Jiayi Oilpainting Co.,Ltd........, or directly .......www.youroilpainting.com......... And we have thousands of stock paintings. If you need please contact us.